Zlatan apologises for missing Arsenal game


Zlatan Ibrahimovic has apologised to the Manchester United supporters after picking up his fifth yellow card of the domestic season at Swansea City to incur a one-match suspension.

The striker, who scored twice at the Liberty Stadium, will miss the home match against Arsenal after the international break on 19 November.
After collecting his first booking in the Manchester derby defeat in early September, a run of three cautions within five games last month left him walking a disciplinary tightrope. The Swede was shown a fifth yellow card on Sunday by referee Neil Swarbrick for a tangle with Swans substitute Leroy Fer during the Reds' 3-1 triumph and consequently he'll be unavailable to face the Gunners.
"You know what?" he told MUTV. "Every time I try to play my game by being strong, and going into the tackles, or whatever it is, I get a yellow card. I don't know what the explanation was because I think I was too tired and I didn't hear him [the referee].
"It is what it is. In England, the football is hard, it's physical. I just have to accept it. I've got to be professional. I'm sorry I am suspended for the next game. I wish I wasn't as it's a game I really wanted to play in. But I have trust in my team-mates and the team and I know they can do fine also without me."
Victory for Jose Mourinho's men in the early kick-off a week on Saturday would bring United level with fifth-placed Tottenham in the table and three points off the Gunners, who are fourth.
Watch Video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1000mere Redirect Links

Bernard Arnault Becomes New World Richest Man